Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Week 4 In My Breakup


Today, I woke up and everything seemed fine until I had that same conversation about my ex with my best guy friend Randy (yes, I’m giving you a shot out). I just still feel upset with this situation. Yes, it has been four weeks since we split, but for some reason I wake up and think about him. I have nightmares about him, and his ex is constantly in my head speaking bad about me. I hear those words of hers, “He still loves me and I love him” and “[JC] don’t like fat girls.” I can’t believe I never told this young girl off. I took the classy road, but it was hard preventing my ‘hood, undergraduate, before I found Jesus’ side out on this girl.

After being done so wrong, I’m emotional drained. I’m doing good day by day. Sometimes, I just can’t help but think about how he is doing. I wonder whether he has thoughts about me. While my friends are calling me crazy for wondering if he still has thoughts about me, I still do. They tell me that the [JC] is living his life and having fun with no thoughts of me. They tell me that he probably is back with his ex, [SI]. I want to know if he feels any guilt or if his mind has made him think that he was rightly just for how he treated me. I guess I’m living this daydreaming fantasy when I’m awake. Whitney Houston song, Exhale, is encouraging for me right now.







Things Not To Do When You Have Had A Bad Breakup

1. Listen to Luther Vandross
I was listening to his music, and I almost got in a car accident. Luther music is too depressing. I call his music 'jump off the bridge' music.
2. Key a car, stab someone, or anything that can have you catch a case
Avoid going to jail for anyone. This is just going make him/her feel better about breaking up with you and you look crazy.
3.Hoe...hooking up with the next guy/girl
Sometimes you need time to re-evaluate why the relationship ended and get yourself back on track. 'Hoeing' will only get you kids or a disease so have class for yourself.
4. Staying in the house in the dark
I was so upset with this breakup, I ended up staying in the house so long in the dark that I thought I start seeing dead people. When I finally got out, I realized I was two shades lighter. If your in the house, you will only start thinking about past memories with the person or either going crazy.
5. Be near any knives, prescription pills or guns
This is not only for your safety, but your ex as well. Who knows what will happen?
6. Go in public looking terrible
Hey, you never know if you see your ex or one of his/her friends.
7. Use social media as your source of therapy about the breakup
Hey, no one on facebook wants to see your constant depressing status updates. I have done this, but I refuse to be the talk on facebook in everyones minifeed.

1 comment: