Friday, June 25, 2010

Rappers influence on black men

It seems to me that men don’t want a good woman. I’m getting tired of these rappers parading women in their videos around like their sexual objects. I’m getting tired of seeing artist dating strippers. What is this telling the world? In order to be with black men then you have to be overly sexual. I know a lot of attractive young females, but I feel that men just don’t want the good girl these days. They want the good hoe. To all the men who say “girls like bad boys.” This is such a lie. The only reason these men are saying this is because they may be seen as unattractive to the women they are approaching or they are a ‘pushover’. You don’t have to be a bad boy to showcase style and a great personality. Women just don’t want to date a ‘pushover.’ We want a man who is strong. It’s all about confidence. I would take a good guy with a career any day over some street pharmacist or ‘wanna be’ rapper.
I’m fed up with most rappers. They are the most influential people in this country, but all I hear on television is the same coonery degrading women. I hate when rappers say that they shouldn’t be blamed for what’s going on in the black community. Hello, black children are being raised by you. Their parents can’t raise them because most of their fathers are absent and their mothers work long hour jobs just to provide for their children. I think rappers are playing the coward role. They are not standing up against these record companies and speaking about some real issues that will help our community. The only thing I hear is “hoe shake this” and “bit#$ bend over”. It’s no wonder our black men are treating us like we are all hoes.
As a black woman, I feel that I have endured every stereotyped thrown at me, whether it’s been a stereotype associated with me or a stereotype I have encountered dating a black man. Sometimes it feels almost hopeless to obtain love with a black men. I just knew that I would marry a strong black virtuous men when I was younger, but with the constant statistics that I hear from the media about black women being unmarried to what I see in media as a representation of black women married to black men, I get doubtful at times. I may be young, but I’m already tired of the dating scene. It seems like every guy I encounter thinks his life consists of an imaginary rap video with all the hoes, and I refuse to be that video hoe playing any part in it.
I just want some diversity in music. I want to hear music speaking positively about a black women without calling saying, “I love my bad bit$h”. Folks, that is not a compliment. I want to have a black men approach me with class for once.

No comments:

Post a Comment