Sunday, June 27, 2010

Lil Kim and Nikki Beef

Last night, I was listening to the Lil Kim interview talking about Nikki Minaj not paying homage to her. After watching the interview, I completely understand where Kim is coming from. I do like Minaj and even though Minaj has spoke about Kim in her interviews before she got well-known with Cash Money, I still think that it is important for artists to continue paying homage once they get mainstream. Everyone artist when they are coming up is going to talk about which past artists who have inspired them, but when some artists make it big, they forget who got them there. I personally think that Minaj needs to show respect to the people who have got her here to fame. I think she needs to reach out to Kim and tell Kim that she respects her because Minaj is biting off of Kim style every bit. If Kim decides to come out with her old style then what will people say. They cant say that Lil Kim is biting her style because Kim invented it. Also, Kim invented the ‘black Barbie’ saying. This situation is like if one of my role models is mad at me and I know they are mad, but I decide not to reach out and talk to them. I don’t believe that Nikki should ’kiss her behind’ by any means after she reaches out to her if Kim still doesn’t approve, but I still think that she should try to reach out. This doesn’t have to be publicized, but I understand why Kim is mad. People shouldn’t forget Kim just because a new artist is out. This is like people forgetting Tupac or Biggie because Drake is good lyrically like they were too. Also, I believe that Drake recent comments about Kim trippin on Minaj is not a good arguement. Drake said that Jay-Z is not not mad at him after he first showed respect to them. This is not a good arguement because Drake style is not similar to Jay-Z. If Minaj was original then Kim could not make an arguement because Minaj is following Kim's style of the head to the toes.






Lil Kim talks about how P Diddy is just about the money and doesn't values friends


Here are some of Nikki Minaj songs that have dissed Kim. After listening to these verses, I see why Kim is upset.

1 comment:

  1. Lil Kim should have known P. Diddy would cut her off. He cut everyone off. He cut Mase off. He cut Shyne off and Shyne went to prison on behalf of him. As far as Nicki goes, she is too much for all that dissing. She better hurry up and come out with a CD before all of that really catches up with her.

    ReplyDelete