Wednesday, July 14, 2010

God can do things your degree cant do

Even though the pastor at my church preached about God doing things that by degree cant do, weeks ago, I have been currently facing a situation that I feel that only God can help me with. I’m trying to get the intended message of Pastor Elwood of New Mount Zion in Tallahassee. He spoke of Exodus 33 about Moses going to speak with God in a tent. The tent was away from everyone. When Moses approached the tent to ask god to help him, he was humble and he had a relationship with God. This is how all people should be when they approach God for help. I realize that I haven’t been given the opportunities of having great internships because I have not been humble. I have assumed that because of my credentials, I have the guarantee position. I have been selected for interviews with these great organizations so it shows that I have all the qualities that they are looking for, but I have not been able to get the internship.

By having a better relationship with God, I must show him this through my actions. I can not beg him for forgiveness and continue to do the same things as before. It is important to trust God. In my past, I have had many situations in which I felt that their was no help, but I have got through every tribulation that I have encountered so I must have more faith. Moses was able to obtain results because he had a strong relationship with God, and he was humble.

Pastor Elwood told the church that when we are going through tribulations, we must continue to fight because God gave us favor. If God is your heavenly father then he is part of you. Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit. We must speak life into our situations. The devil wants you to quit. If you quit, you never know what winning is all about. God preserved you for some reason. It’s because he has something special to you. Some of us are walking on water and we don’t realize it. We must keep focusing on Jesus and not get distracted even though distractions look good. They could be that good looking girl or guy distracting you from achieving your goal.

Since we are winners, we must look out for losers. People may see where we were and currently see where we are now and be jealous. We also must never apologize for being who we are.Don’t be discourage or afraid of the vast army. We must move over and let God handle our battles. Sometimes you don’t have to fight the battle, you just have to show up.

No comments:

Post a Comment